Monday, December 24, 2012

Baby's Got New Shoes

I felted Baby Girl many years ago. Her feet never came out right. Consequently, her booties kept falling off. After all these years, I finally got around to stuffing her booties and securing them to the ends of her legs.

Meanwhile, I decided she needed a new sweater. I wish I had photographed the old outfit. It was felted and her misshapen legs were exposed.

Curly's sleeping bag made from a sleeve
First off, Curly loaned her his sleeping bag to keep her warm while I worked on the new sweater. One thing led another and next thing we knew, Baby Girl had a new sweater, a new vest, and culottes!

It was easy enough to improvise the sweater and vest. Both are made with my favorite stitch -- the brioche stitch. The culottes were another story. I just kept trying until I got it right. It was fun, actually! The ribbon is from a box of L.A. Burdick's chocolates.

Now, I'm realizing that while Baby Girl has eyes, nose, and a mouth, she does not have ears . . . so that's going on my to-do list! I wonder if I should attempt eyebrows, too!

Of course, now Leonard wants a sweater! Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails