Sunday, February 3, 2008

Curly

This is Curly --named for the tiny curls in his fur. I can't remember how we met. I think it was at a craft fair. The important part is that I could not "bear" to not bring him home with me.
I made these winter pajamas for him (my own pattern). If they look rumpled, it's because he wears them almost all the time. You know how much bears love to sleep -- especially in the winter. If you live with a bear, all that sleeping can take some getting used to. For added warmth, he wears this vest -- made from the sleeve of an old sweater. Here's Curly at the beach working on a tan. Note his prized shark tooth on the beach blanket next to his ear. Click on the photo for a closer look at his collection of miniature seashells. Curly's summer pajamas double as a summer leisure suit (my own pattern). Don't get me started on the pajamatization of America. I mean, really, have you noticed what we're all wearing? Look close. It's just pajamas, nightgowns, and bathrobes sold in different departments of the same store. Curly's sleeping bag was also his bunting when he was younger. (Please don't mention that in front of him. He's pretty sensitive.) It was made from the sleeve of an old sweater. Curly sleeps in it most every night. Actually, Curly wears all his clothes just about all the time -- that way he knows where they are. That Curly, he's smarter than the average bear!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails