Sunday, February 24, 2013

Entre to Entrelac

Entrelac beret in process -- about to be frogged
After years of thinking about it, I tried entrelac . . . and I love it! I used Noro Kureyon (100% wool) #149 (browns, grays, tan, ivory). Noro yarns were made for entrelac; with their self-striping, you can use one continuous yarn for a whole project. Just let the yarn decide when to change colors!

First entrelac swatch
This week I ordered Entrelac: The Essential Guide to Interlace Knitting. It arrived yesterday -- in just two days! Last night, I was so excited with new ideas swimming in my head, I could barely sleep! I highly recommend this book. It has lots of photos, clear directions, directions for dozens of swatches, and terrific patterns.

This was my test swatch from earlier in the week. I even knit most of a beret but now that I see the methods in my new book, it's soon to be frogged! I'm not worried; it knit up in just a day! Plus, I have a new idea that will use at least one other yarn. I am so happy!

1 comment:

deanna7trees said...

beautiful and i love the yarn you chose. i did an entrelac sample a couple of years ago but never did any more with that pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails