Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Quirky Rows




















My blocks for Rows I and J have lots of quirks and travails:
  • At least two of the blocks are too pale (J-06 and J-09),
  • One block is nearly orange (J-08)
  • One block is lime green (J-07)
  • There's a seam that does not go into the corner (I-10) -- you can see part of it in the photo in the pink block on the left, 
  • There's the basket I decided to turn upright rather than follow Jane's design,
  • And, there's the tiger that's jumping off the side of the quilt. Design-wise, I would have preferred to see him jumping into the quilt but now that I've decided to make some kind of border, it's less of an issue.
All this, and I'm typing with an adhesive thimble on one of my fingers! It's like walking in tap shoes! LOL!
What can I say? Finished is better than perfect.
You can't tell from all I've written, but I do like how this is shaping up!

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

looks great to me

Unknown said...

Great job. I agree, finished is better than perfect. Besides, I was told by my Granny: "There is no such thing as a perfect quilt, that's why every quilt is a work of art". She should know, she made upteen works of art that I'm still enjoying today.

Minka said...

Quilt Happy and Sandy,
Thank you for your comments and support

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails