Monday, April 2, 2012

Discovered and Decided

J11 - Twin Sister
I03 - Family Album
Repeating Fabrics
I do repeat fabrics in my Dear Jane quilt but I place the "repeats" so they are not side-by-side . . . that is, until I discovered this as I joined Row I. Many times, I've fantasized making a DJ quilt from one background fabric and 1-5 other fabrics with great fussy cut options. This might be as close as I get to executing that idea. I decided to leave this as is because I'm focused on finishing this quilt. BTW, I do not plan to make a second DJ quilt.

Sashing
This may be one of my best photos showing the woven sashing. It's so subtle; I'm hoping that the quilting will bring it out.


Follow Jane, 
Follow Brenda
I was not always focused on comparing Jane's blocks with Brenda's drafts, so a number of my early blocks followed Jane's drafts blindly. As I join my blocks, I am discovering more blocks that I could have redrafted. I'm using them as is; I want this project done.You can see my (incomplete list) of blocks that were drafted differently from how Jane made them on my Dear Jane page -- posted under "Follow, Jane, Brenda, or Minka." Here's one each from Rows I and J I that do not match Jane's block. I'm sick today and will not go into the analysis; I'll leave that to you....or maybe when I'm feeling better, I'll add to this posting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails